Do you want to give the walls of your home a unique and original touch? If it does not reach you only with some decorative paintings, the fabrics are a very interesting resource that can turn a boring stay into a space full of life. But how to decorate walls with cloth? We’ll tell you later …
The use of fabrics as decorative panels is a very versatile resource to decorate the walls. There is a wide variety of models in all styles and designs on the market, so it will not be difficult to choose the fabrics that best fit the decoration of your home and your personal tastes.
Decorate walls with fabrics
When we think of the Wall decorations we do not usually consider the textile as our ally. However, nowadays textile industry has evolved a lot, so the use of fabrics to decorate It is a tendency to take into account. Not only can you cover the entire wall, but you can use them as large canvases or paintings. In bedrooms, for example, we can even get headboards very original This will only suffice to fill the wall portion on which the bed rests.
Advantages of using fabrics to decorate the walls
- Decorate the walls with fabrics bring warmth besides giving it an original and personalized touch.
- It is a good resource for hide defects in the walls.
- The thermal and acoustic insulation is another advantage to use fabrics as elements to decorate the walls.
- Another advantage is the fantastic value for money. You can dress any space in a spatial, fast and economical way. If we get fabrics at a good price It can be a good opportunity to decorate with little money.
How to fill the walls
Fabrics together with painted paper they have resurfaced with great force after years in which they seemed to stop being used. Entertain a wall It is not a simple task, although it depends on the system you adopt.
The traditional way that has been used to fill walls is stapling the fabric to boards or racks which are fixed to the wall. For a fluffy effect it is recommended to place a layer of foam between both.
Another variant is Glue the fabrics to the frame or board. The capitone, which is an upholstery technique with rivets, is still a trend and is a sophisticated and elegant resource that will fill your house with glamor.
It should be noted that it is also possible to interiors of open dressing rooms, is a very interesting resource that you should take into account.
At present, the method of Paste the fabric directly to the wall. Next we show you how to fill a wall step by step:
- It is essential that the surface is clean, without moisture or irregularities.
- Measure well the surface where you want to place the fabric.
- Then cut the fabric and leave some extra inches, since it will be necessary to surround windows or plugs.
- Once the glue has dried, cut the excess fabric with a cutter.
- In a brush spread the glue and pass it all over the surface.
- Then stick the fabric very carefully. To prevent bubbles from forming, use a spatula to smooth the surface of the fabric.
- Finally apply the fabric hardener. It is a transparent glue that is applied on top of the fabric and is perfectly stuck and with more consistency.
Do you find it complicated? If you do not want to take a risk, you’d better hire a specialist. Did you know that you can get up to 4 budgets from professionals in your area? FREE? You should only complete this form and the best decorators, upholsterers and specialists in decorating walls with fabric they will contact you and without obligation.