The bathroom because of its daily wear is one of the rooms in the house that requires more maintenance. The main causes why people request bathroom renovations they tend to be, among others, to update their aesthetics and turn it into a more accessible and functional space, and everything that has to do with repair of artifacts and fittings .. Buthow much does it cost to reform a bathroom?
The budget will depend, to a large extent, on the changes and / or arrangements you wish to make in it. We will show you what you have to take into account when undertaking a reform in the bathroom and how much it can cost you, approximately.
Tips before reforming a bathroom
Before talking about how much it costs to reform a bathroom, you should plan well all the jobs you want to be done. Is not the same make comprehensive reform or only partial. For this it is necessary to have the help from a professional to advise you
These are some of the points to keep in mind:
- The elements that make up the bathroom are multiple. Sanitary, installations (plumbing, electricity), coatings, pavement, furniture, plaster (false ceiling to integrate lighting), etc …
- For bathrooms of standard dimensions (between 2 × 2 or 2 × 3 meters), the prices can be between € 1500 with basic products, up to € 4,500 or € 5,000 with medium-high range elements.
- The item that usually has the highest cost is the coatings and pavement or floors.
- For one Integral reform it will be necessary to take into account cost of removal of debris to the container. The process can last from one to a day and a half depending on the amount of debris and its cost, on average, can be around 600 € (find specialists for cleaning works in your area).
- Ask for several quotes to compare. Study well the budget in which the items are well detailed with their corresponding prices (labor and materials).
- Do not make the mistake of choosing the cheapest one just for the price, because in the end it may be that “cheap is expensive”.
- Invest in quality. Choose durable sanitary and, if possible, timeless models. Choose quality materials so that you do not have to reform the bathroom after a few years.
The bathroom facilities
As you may notice at this point, the answer to how much does it cost to reform a bathroom It is not so simple. It depends on many factors. Now we will talk a little about the facilities:
- Electrical installation: the legislation on electrical installations has changed in recent years, so it is likely that modifications will have to be made to adapt to current legislation. This will depend on the country and city where you are. Those who handle this type of information are the architects, electricians and construction professionals.
- Towel rails: Decántate by the electric towel racks that facilitate the drying of the towels and their electrical consumption nor is elevated.
- Plumbing: If your bathroom is more than 15 years old, it is likely that change water pipes. Nowadays, more resistant and higher quality materials are used. It can be a mistake to avoid changing them for cheapen the budget, but sooner or later it will have to be done. The opening and closing of races must be included.
Wall and floor coverings
It is the budget item with the highest cost. You can choose from a wide variety of materials: ceramics, glass, porcelain stoneware, among others …