The kitchens open to the living room It offers many advantages, from favoring luminosity, making the space look bigger, and even contributing to social life. If you are thinking about removing a partition or making any kitchen reform to get an open space, then we show you all the advantages of “open concept“
Is trend that the kitchen demolishes its walls and opens to the living room to take advantage of the space and get a versatile and functional area. Do not hesitate and bet on the open kitchens and you will give your home a new look.
Advantages of kitchens open to the living room
It’s not just about take better advantage of space, get more lightness and fluidity in the tasks, but, it must be said, the “open concept” is a Lifestyle where I know power family and social life, and each time has more followers. Here are some reasons:
- The versatility of the kitchens open to the living room favors the functionality of both environments, but with a certain independence.
- The open spaces allow Make the most of natural light. Removing a partition to connect the kitchen with the living room is one of the most common resources to achieve this effect.
- Connecting the kitchen with the dining room facilitates and speeds up the tasks.
- The open concept favors cook in company and enjoy fun evenings with your guests, unlike closed kitchens where those who prepare food do not participate in social life.
- The minimalist style It fits perfectly with the open concept. A decoration of simple and pure lines combined with neutral tones create elegant and versatile environments.
Solutions for integrated kitchens
There are several options for integrate the kitchen to the living-dining room. The first thing you have to do is plan and take advantage of the space gained. After the Furniture must be according with the style and decoration of the open space. The kitchen lighting takes center stage, add spot lights in the work area and you will get a relaxing and warm atmosphere.
For closed kitchens, without lighting, the best solution will be open the wall that separates it from the dining room. In this way you will get a more luminous space.
To unify the kitchen and the dining room, it is advisable to use the same color range. In this way you will get an open space where the two environments are perfectly integrated.
Another very interesting resource is to get visual continuity using the same pavement both in the kitchen and in the living-dining room. By the way, we recommend you take a look at an article where we talk about kitchen floors, maybe it will inspire you. Is kitchen with bar It is a clear example. The same laminate flooring was used in both rooms, and the only thing that separates them visually is the American type bar.