Today we will talk about the use of microcement in bathrooms. It is a continuous coating increasingly used. It is a very easy material to apply and the final result is very interesting. It stands out for being waterproof, very resistant and non-slip.
In recent years the microcement has become one of the favorite materials for coating and decorate the home. It is very versatile and that offers many possibilities of use. You can also choose between a wide range of colors.
What is the microcemento?
The micro cement is a decorative pigmented cement coating. It is composed of cement, resins, additives and mineral pigments, which allows to give different colors. Due to its composition, it is more elastic, which makes it more resistant to cracks than common smoothed cement. The microcement can be placed in humid areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and even outdoors.
Thanks to the mineral pigments that are used for its manufacture, any desired color can be achieved, even to rusted and metallic tones. It is also possible to choose between several finishes: smooth, matt, gloss, or textured. This material has great properties that make it a very desired alternative when it comes to renovate the bathroom:
- One of the greatest advantages of microcement is that you can Apply directly on existing pavement or on walls without any prior treatment. It is a perfect resource for renovating a bathroom without works. Avoid having to chop the pavement and the lining of the walls and debris. This will suppose a Save of time and money.
- As they are a continuous coating, they do not have expansion joints. With this, a visual continuity which makes the space seem larger.
- Is a waterproof material, therefore it is suitable for bathrooms. In its installation a sealant is applied that protects it from moisture and water.
- Is resistant to shock, wear and abrasion, and it is non-slip.
- His great adherence allows him to cover any material, except parquet and floating flooring.
A trend that is being imposed with great force is the use of microcement in bathrooms. It’s one of the favorite material of interior designers and architects for reforms, especially bathrooms and kitchens, for their great properties.
Offers a great versatility and quality. The walls and the floor, but more and more it is used more in washbasins, bathtubs and work showers.
Apply microcement in small bathrooms It is a perfect solution to make the space seem larger. The absence of joints achieves an effect of continuity and visual amplitude very interesting.
It has a minimum thickness (2 -3 mm) so it makes it the perfect material to coat walls and floors. It is important that the application is carried out by an experienced professional, since its adhesion and finish will depend on its correct installation.